Employer Guidance on Vaccines
Member discount is available exclusively if you log in as a member (Join us Now!)
When logged in, individual members should enrol themselves only, as non-members are not entitled to your member’s discount.
Under the Government’s vaccination in lieu of regular testing (VRT) scheme, expanded to all its employees in August, unvaccinated employees must submit to regular COVID-19 tests at their own time and costs unless certified as unfit for the vaccine. What should employers be aware of when implementing a similar "jab or swab" arrangement?
- To learn about the latest developments in relation to COVID-19 vaccination in Hong Kong
- To understand the impacts of such developments on employers and the workplace from a legal perspective
1. Legal consideration on the "jab or swab" arrangement:
- Can employers mandate the arrangement?
- Should employers mandate the arrangement?
- What can employers do if the employees refuse to comply with the direction?
2. Data privacy issues on the collection of "jab or swab" records:
- Can employers collect the records?
- How do employers collect the records?
3. Practical steps
04 November 2021
10:00 – 11:30
Cantonese (with English materials)
Member – HK$500
Login details will be sent
1 day before the
Ms Jennifer Tam
Partner in the employment and benefits practice in Mayer Brown's Hong Kong office. Jennifer advises on all areas of employment law with an emphasis on contentious employment, discrimination, harassment, and data privacy disputes. She has solid experience in handling high profile and complex employment litigation at various court levels from the Labour Tribunal to the Court of Final Appeal, handling investigations by and complaints to the Labour Department, Equal Opportunities Commission and the Office of the Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data of Hong Kong, advising on internal corporate investigations, disciplinary issues and termination of employment and dealing with trade unions and labour relations issues. On the non-contentious side, Jennifer advises on all human resources issues including structuring the labour force, introduction of changes to the terms of employment and enforcement of post termination restrictions. She also provides training to human resources practitioners.